Twitterfeed

Thursday, March 08, 2007

#WE'RE GONNA NEED, MORE THAN A STICH OR TWO#
Samuel Beer, 'More than a stich'

It seems so long since I have posted here. But perhaps the reason for that is that I feel I haven't had much to say that was worth posting here.

As we enter March I gather my feelings as to what the year will be and although I wish it were not so, the past two months have been quite grinding. 2007 will, I think be a tough year. But I do not think it will be without purpose.

I feel that nothing worth having is easily gained. This suffering we endure will be in pursuit of a vision. This vision has yet to be revealed to me fully but I think it will be worth the struggle and the possibility of failure.

For, in such risky endeavours there is always the chance that we shall charge off into the darkness and never be seen again. That our underdog story will not work out how things do in films and books.

But a friend of mine made this equation to help in deciding whether things are worth doing:

1) Will it work?
If yes, go to 4
If no, go to 2

2) Will it make a good story?
If yes, go to 4
If no, go to 3

3) Don't do it
4) Do it.

It may be the gulfs shall wash us down, but it will be a hell of a ride and I'll be damned if I say that I won't have lived because of it.

So it is.

If you see me, can you give me a hug? I will need it. A cup of tea wouldn't go amiss either ;)

Ramalam