Twitterfeed

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

SIX YEARS LATER

Should I feel like I miss him more than I do? I do miss him but it is so hard to feel the same feeling of parting because I;m so far removed from the person I was back then.

When I think about him I just know he would still be a good mate now. But I guess he would be miles away at uni or something. But because he was the man of the house I guess he would have looked after his Mum and cousins like he did back then.

There are so many people I want him to meet. I have met so many wonderful people since that night six years ago. I just know he would have liked them and they would have liked him.

I get the feeling he would have LARPed as well, from how excited he was when I first told him about it. I don't know how frothy he would have gotten about it. I reckon as much as we all were at first but then might have moved on to bigger and better things.

When I think about Chin, I try to think of all the things he would have done between then and now. I think he and Suzi would have gotten together, which would have been ace, then he would have gone to uni and studied for his computer qualifications. Maybe he would have gone down to Brighton. Maybe he and Jo would have been mates. I would have liked that I think. Damn, I wish he could have met Jo :)

I guess he would have finished his degree now and would be working or something. I wonder who he would be seeing and what we would all think of them.

He would have been heavily involved in all the surprise parties we have thrown. I just know he would love that stuff.

It;s then that I really realise how much he missed and how much I miss him, even though it was six years ago that he fell.

There was so much more to come my friend. There was so much you should have been part of. There was so much you should of done that we would have chatted about over a beer. Man, the parties would have been that much cooler if you had been there. You would have made such a big damn hero I know it. I think we would have grown together in a way. I always sensed you were destined for great things, part of me thinks I should try and be great for you, but everyone has to make their own path I think.

There is some much I remember, how you tried to build me up, how you always made everyday exciting, singing 'Peat's a f*cking stud yeah' to Abba's 'Mamma Mia. You were always the cool one :)

So that's how much I miss you today. When I thought about it I realised I do miss you a lot dude. I can't say I'll see you soon, so I'll just stop typing. You were a great friend.

Mark 'Chin' Richards
The legend.