Twitterfeed

Thursday, March 25, 2010

FINAL DAY FOUR

The thing about packing up all my stuff is that I find all the things that I lost, I remember the things I forgot to do and the life I did not have time to lead.

The things I lost:
In the corner of my room is a pile of larp kit, including props, material for kit and the like. Now I can start on those projects, should I find them again after the move.

The things I forgot to do:
I had a pile of papers and things, including letters from my MP, where they replied to me. I have always wanted a dialogue between myself and my MP, but when it takes them four months to reply and you have forgotten your question it makes things difficult. There are application forms for jobs and PhDs that remain unfilled or half filled.

The life I did not have time to lead:
I have lived next to a gym but didn't go when it would have been so convenient. There were things within this room that I didn't even unpack from the last time I moved. There are books on Egypt and hieroglyphics that I didn't study in the two years I lived here. I just wanted to watch crappy tv and waste time on the internet when I got home from work. What have I become? Why has my bass guitar leaned against one wall or the other just gathering dust when I could be playing it?

Then of course, having found these things again I am reminded that motivation is key. I never went to the gym because I was always tired when I got back from work. I never picked up the bass because I am not in a band, nor am I likely to perform, therefore I have no deadline. I did however write Nanowrimo and have now been offered to write a novel for real. These deadlines I make.

Now, a message to myself; life wise, the deadline I have to make is saturday. Pack up and move and this time, UNPACK FULLY. Find those things you failed to do and do them.

P.