Twitterfeed

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I'm Joshua Abraham Norton, the first and only Emperor of the United States of America!
Which Historical Lunatic Are You?
From the fecund loins of Rum and Monkey.

The Line in the Sand.

Yesterday I went to a temp job that I realised compromised my beliefs. I told the temp agency that I couldn't do the job any more. I feel guilty for letting them and the company down. But I couldn't do the job and look myself in the eye. The karma is terrible and I couldn't be a part of it.

Yes, I could have a temp job right now and be earning money, but the price was too high. I had to draw a line in the sand somewhere and I chose not to get paid money from the death of animals. People eat meat yes, there is a whole industry but I can't be a part of that.

Perhaps I have found that courage I felt I was so lacking in the past. Perhaps I am being melodramatic. Perhaps my ethics should be applauded, perhaps I needlessly made a stand. I'm still not sure.

The next time you see me, please give me a hug.

Fragile.