Twitterfeed

Thursday, April 02, 2009

A SINGLE YEAR

It was one year ago yesterday. This day last year was not a pleasant one, on the verge of tears every other second, my whole being drained out of my with every movement. That yawning chasm opened in my stomach every time I stood by the coffee machine, looked out the window or put down the phone.

That day was before I had told any friends, before anyone had a chance to console me and put me back on the track to humanity. That day was spent in a dream-like non-existence, like deep grief.

Then as I tried to implode with pain and sadness there was a sharp twang from my right hand side. My lung cried out in pain.
"Not again," I thought. Stumbled over to St Bart's hospital but they had no A&E so I met my Mum and we went to UCH. I had another x-ray but it turns out that there was no relapse to a pneumothorax.

Mum and I had lunch and I cried my eyes out. From that moment on it was about a year long journey back to humanity. I realise now that people really did pull out the stops to help me get it together again. I just want to thank all of them. Thanks.

Ram.