Twitterfeed

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

"It's not you it's the E talking,
Closing in on the translation
It's not you it's the E talking
I'm not sure what part I'm playing"
Soulwax 'E-Talking'

I was in the Union last night and who should be there but my ex girlfriend. It was awkward at first but managed to not be a major downer for the evening. We even smiled at each other and said hi which was nice. I think I treated her badly.

Anyway, so I'm standing there listening to my mates conversation when we get interupted by a familiar voice. One which I recognised. I turned and who was standing before me addressing nearly my entire peer group?

Grace Blake-Turner.

Now, long time readers of this blog may have heard me mention Grace before; a kind of gorgeous, tall as me phantom that swirls into my life with her long brown hair and red scarf every so often only to disappear again for a long period of time. In the past, times when I have seen her I have been afraid to speak to her due to the fact that...well she turned me down for a date. But in a nice way. I won't go into specifics but it wasn't in the usual 'I'd rather die' kind of way.

So anyway, there we are all listening to her explain that she is running for one of the sabbatical positions at the Union and how she hopes she could count on our votes.

At which point she turns to me, looks me right in the eye and says my name. I give her a nod and a wink. Amazing, that she remembers my name!

Now, I know someone will slap me down for this post but it was just a nice incident.

The main purpose of this topic was to make the following notices.
1) I'm giving up drinking for a while again. I need to go on detox after my recent wild nights. Plus it doesn't make me attractive to the opposite sex.
2) I've not been as chivalrous as I used to be. I am not sure why this is but I hope to rectify the situation.
3) SMOKING CAUSES DEATH. Just because I haven't been quite as vocal about this recently does not mean my stance has changed. It is a vile habit, stinky, polluting, cancerous, rubbish producing and a bane on society.

Ram.