Twitterfeed

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

AND THE BLOG GOES ON...

I haven't posted for a while because I've been away for easter (like my 3 readers give a piece of kobold's furniture). But it's been fun nonetheless (didn't get any revision done either). Just posting to say one of my best mates John (inspired by me Steve and Tom) has started his own blog:

www.whenigetthishalberdoutofmyass.blogspot.com

He's still finding his voice like I was at the beginning (and still am I know!) But he's reminded me of two things I need to write about and I'll put them here to remind me next time I come to write this stream of consciousness

1) The backstory to me life
2) Chin's life and death

The second of which did and still has in some ways a great and long lastiung affect on my life (and, as you'll read, on John's). While I didn't know Chin for as long as John, what is important is Chin's gift; he managed to make all his friends feel like they were his best friend. I know I did. The guy was great, he was just fun to be around and made the day interesting. Even going round the corner to McD***lds was fun with Chin, it was memorable.

Some would say it was his heart condition which made him that way, maybe it had an affect but I like to think it was just him, he'd found a way to make every day memorable.

I don't want to dwell on it too much but when he died it was as if the world didn't make sense anymore. I could only describe it as having a diagram of your world and having a huge hole torn in the centre, the chart didn't mean anything anymore. That was what happened first, then later I started trying to take the blame for it, the guy was great, he made everyone feel happy and it seemed like I couldn't do that. I genuinely thought it should have been me that died. Once I got over that I was fine, but occasionaly it comes back to bite me in the ass again.

If I learnt something it was something similar to John. I felt Chin had set me on a path to becoming 'the best Peat I could be' and I thought he would walk with me. As it is, we have to walk without him, what we learn is that we are mortal and we don't know how much time we have. So cherish every moment.

Oh, and funerals are bad, and wakes are wierd.

Hmm, I said I'd talk about it in futrue entries and ended up talking about it now. Oh well.

Take care,

Peat.