Twitterfeed

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS

Feeling a lot better than yesterday. Possibly for two reasons, but I'm not sure how much I should write here.

I saw 'Finding Neverland' last night and (like probably everyone else in the cinema) I really identified with J.M. Barrie. I think he was on to something with the fact that we seem to grow up too fast. We are pressured to move from boys to men so fast, then we regret it when we do. All that responsibility...

To transcribe a part of 'Waynes World 2'
Jim Morrison: Being an adult is facing responsibilty but still taking the time out to party.

Wayne: Yeah, it's like coming home on a friday night and doing you're homework right away, so you're weekend is free to just party.

Jim Morrison: No, I like the way I put it better.

But I'm rambling. I was inspire by 'Finding Neverland' though to renew my effort to live everyday and not lose the spirit of adventure and joy that we had as children.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
We grow old when we stop playing."

To this day I do not know who said that. But it makes a lot of sense.

The other reason I'm feeling okay is that I have been gifted with a little bit of hope about Fiona once more. It's always in the last place you look.

As to yesterdays dilema. Russ and Steve have spoken to me and I respect what they think. The point is that I'm trying. It's the thought that counts. I'm trying to be the best Peat I can be and that counts for a lot. A lot more than I realised. Thanks guys ;)