Twitterfeed

Monday, December 06, 2004

A QUOTATION CHAIN
(Remember to sign the petition to help the workers!)

In my never ending search of cool quotes. Here is a good one I found in the album notes to Cult of Luna's 'The beyond'

"If we give up our liberty in the name of security, we will have neither."
Benjamin Franklin

Intreged by this man I did what any self-respecting student would do. I looked him up on the internet.

There, I found another quote:

"If you would not be forgotten,
As soon as you are dead and rotten,
Either write things worth reading
Or do the things worth the writing"

Ben Franklin did not fight like George Washington did but he carved out a nation in the rooms of government. He was involved in and signed both the Declaration of independence (1776) and the Constitution (1787).

"Well done is better than well said."

He also created bifocals, the lightning rod and saw the first hot air ballon flight in Paris.

Now, while the man may not be perfect, he did kinda create the 'American dream' but he stipulated that the only way to true wealth was through hard work (unlike the American dream these days).

Now, I know I'm known for my America bashing, but Ben Franklin shows me that America was supposed to be the land of the free, where 'all men are born equal' (How's that for a quote Dubya!?!).

And those that see the inevitavle fall of the American Empire in the distance will note that this should not have come to be. At least not in America. It used to be the 'New World' where we could 'go west' for freedom.

Where did it all go wrong? How can this horrible trend be reversed?

"But if thou dost love life,
Then do not squander time
For that's the stuff life is made of."
Ben Franklin