Twitterfeed

Monday, August 09, 2004

Broken heroes

Due to the nature of my life I'm yet again sitting at someone else's computer writing my blog. It's been a while I'll admit and I can't possibly sum up everything I've done since I last posted.

I suppose the most relevant thing to put would be that I definitely feel that I am 'walking the walk' as well as 'talking the talk'. My disposition is slowly becoming more caring than ever. Not to say I don't get angry or frustrated at times but in general I'm getting there.

My faith in people's sense of adventure took a beating last weekend. Despite strange clues being placed on doorsteps, free chocolate and a treasure hunt being set up, my friends couldn't be arsed to solve the mystery given to them. I didn't get a clue, or chocolate so I couldn't help (against the rules). If only an adventure would be left at my door...

Never mind.

Broken heroes is also the feeling that perhaps 'stuff of epic' heroes like my friends and I are doomed to be rejected, or worse get the girl and lose her. Is our sense of romance and adventure misplaced in the modern world?

As they say in 'American History X', always finish an essay on a quote, because chances are someone has already said it better than you before now.

"People say that romance is dead, that the time of Chivalry is past, but the time of chivalry is never past as long as there are problems undressed in this world."
Kingsley

Take care,

Peat.