Twitterfeed

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

At the risk of rubbing people's faces in my good fortune, I shall quickly post to say that yesterday signifies the beginning of a new era. A new era of serious rockage, good times and the quest for the promised land.

Imagine, if you will, that I and my closest mates form a brotherhood of post-modern knights. We hold sway at the court of Camelot, we quest for truth, justice and always aid one another and the weak. We follow the rules of chivalry and courtly love (well kinda). We all work differently but are united by fate.

I sense change in many of our lives, this changes shall make us harder, better, faster, stronger (in the words of Daft Punk) if we choose to see them as change for the better, as opportunities not endings.

Yesterday, I was gifted with a weapon my brothers; a bass guitar, black like the night. I was gifted this by a fair damsel whom, if you will permit me, I am quite taken with and whom I believe is taken with me.

My brothers in arms, I salute you, my band is now formed, we step forth today upon the founding of a new realm. My band shall be (almost literally) the ROCK upon which we shall build our keep.

A toast therefore my noble brethren, Bailey, Russ, Lex, Stu, Dan, Louise and any others to whom I have fellowship in the code of chivalry. To the future and the fellowship.

Peat.
For the uninitiated; Yesterday was a very cool day, was given a 'Marvel Heroes chess set', got my bass guitar and from the goofy smile on my face, things are looking up in the romance department. Hyuk yuk yuk.