Twitterfeed

Monday, October 04, 2004

Just posted a long thread about Emily. But the STUPID Blogger lost it in the ether. It explained everything, but now I'll have to summarise it because I can't write it all again.

Emily and I get together last summer. But she goes home to see her boyfriend (I can't tell you why, but I don't like him...much). She stays with him. I pine over her over the summer.

We come back to year 2, having been consoled by my mates that I can be with her. I get lost in angst and fail to win fair lady's heart. We meet up again before the end of term and I remember how lovely she is.

This summer I decide to go 'cold turkey' so she'll be out of my system by year 3.

Today I feel the plucking of heartstrings as I see her again. But is this the longing, or the echoes of pain that for a while I saw someone I could love in her big brown eyes but now I can't have her?

In summation, I should give up. But the lesson I learn is that the next girl I'm with I shall treat like a Princess and be a post-modern knight. I don't really know why. It just seems like the best thing to do.

I think that should be the last word on the Emily saga.

Peat.