Twitterfeed

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

A CALL TO ADVENTURE?

My blogging cohort, Stephen (in an impressive bid to tear the 'adventurer' mantle from my head) has asked people to challenge him with things to do for the next six months. Check out:

www.grasshopperliesheavy.blogspot.com

For his list of challenges and the first one (complete or not? You decide!). As Stephen is a lovely chap, and I would dearly like for him to succeed (no sarcasm I assure you) I'm willing to offer myself as a 'heroic companion'; Dr Watson to his Holmes, Passeportout to his Phineas Fogg, Sam to his Frodo (or maybe Gollum if I'm in a bad mood). Not only does this mean that Beastie (who writes 'We eat a Nut and an Insect') who challenged him get assurances that I can verify Stephen's activities (I always tell the truth remember) but I also get to have enormous fun and more importantly...an adventure!

Of course Stephen could always refuse...Some roads a man has to walk alone...And I'll understand of course.

The other matter on my mind is a proposed 'body swap' on friday night for an hour. In every cartoon series ever made there seems to be a 'body swapping' episode so why not in our dreary lives? Basically what this means is, at an party of friday night I have to take on the personality traits of a (one hates to use the word) arrogant, northern, womanising friend of mine (or to quote him; become a 'genuine hero') while he has to take on my personality, ethics, truth, caring about your fellow man, etc. This of course has the potential to ruin our lives which is why it is only happening for an hour. I'm seriously considering getting a trustworthy mate to lock me in a room by myself for the hour so I don't say or do anything I'll regret (being geeks we would have to be as authentic as possible). Not only that, but some of my more evil mates intend to throw events in which my friend wouldn't be able to refuse (and therefore I shouldn't either) I think involving absinthe. I get more worried as friday approaches...

Still, it should be interesting, if nothing else!

Take care,

Peat.